Dogwood jelly, boiled for the winter, helps to strengthen the immune system. The berry allows you to fight colds. Treats, which contain cornel, help to increase hemoglobin. The product is recommended in the presence of hypertension and certain blood diseases. Treats, which contain cornel, have a pronounced tonic effect on the body.
General principles of making dogwood jelly
When preparing dessert, the following recommendations must be observed:
- Berries should not be subjected to prolonged heat treatment, otherwise they will lose their beautiful, rich shade.
- Dogwood has a sour taste. It is recommended to take at least 1.5 kg of sugar per kilogram of berries.
- For conservation, both garden and wild varieties of dogwood are used.
Important! For the preparation of the dessert, it is recommended to use ripe berries. They have a pleasant, slightly tart taste.
How to choose products for blanks
Ripe berries have a scarlet skin. This product has a juicy pulp with a sweet and sour taste. Ripe berries have a beneficial effect on the diuretic and circulatory system. The product contains a record amount of iron. In order for the seeds of the berries to be well separated, the dogwood should be kept in a water bath for a short time.
Preparing containers for the start of the process
Glass jars must be sterilized first. This can be done in a conventional microwave oven. For sterilization, glass jars are chosen, on which there are no chips or cracks. The container must be thoroughly washed with water and water: cleaning agents with a strong aroma are not used for this purpose. Jar lids must be sterilized in a separate pot.
How to make dogwood jelly at home
You can make marmalade from berries. This dessert is further used as a filling for pies and other baked goods. Many housewives prefer to cook dogwood jelly with apple juice. It has a beautiful color and pleasant aroma.
Classic recipe without gelatin
This recipe will require the following foods:
- 500 grams of dogwood;
- 0.2 l of water;
- sugar (1 glass).
The technology for preparing delicacies is quite simple:
- The berries are sorted out.
- The dogwood is carefully placed in a colander and washed under running water.
- The fruits are transferred to a separate pan, poured with cool water.
- The container is placed on a gas stove.
- The treat is cooked over low heat for 10 minutes.
- At the end of the specified period of time, the resulting mixture is filtered.
- Then sugar is added.
- The container with the treat is again placed on the gas stove.
- After 10 minutes, the fire is turned off.
- The resulting delicacy is carefully poured into separate cans, rolled up.
The dish contains the following products:
- dogwood (1.5 kg);
- 700 ml of water;
- gelatin (in a ratio of 1 tablespoon per 100 ml of liquid);
- 6 dessert spoons of sugar.
The step-by-step scheme for preparing a dessert looks like this:
- The berries are carefully picked and washed.
- The required amount of water is poured into the container, cornelian cherry is added.
- The resulting mixture is cooked over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Add the required amount of gelatin to the container.
- After the end of cooking, the resulting mass is filtered.
- Grind the berries, add sugar.
- The container with the mixture is placed on a gas stove.
- After the liquid boils, the fire is turned off, the previously strained gelatinous mass is added.
- The jelly is neatly laid out in jars and rolled up.
With apple juice
You need to prepare the following ingredients in advance:
- 1 kg dogwood;
- water (in the amount of 1 liter);
- 4 tablespoons of sugar;
- apple juice (0.25 l of liquid per 1 l of the workpiece).
The step-by-step scheme for making jelly is as follows:
- The dogwood is sorted out, washed thoroughly, filled with water.
- Put the saucepan with berries on the fire.
- Dogwood is boiled until soft.
- The resulting mass is filtered.
- Add apple juice and sugar to the saucepan.
- The jelly is cooked until boiled down to 1/3 of the original volume.
- After that, the preparation for the winter is poured into glass jars.
Rules for storing dogwood jelly
The delicacy is stored in a tightly closed container for a year if it contains berries with seeds. If the bones were previously removed, the shelf life of the dessert is doubled. The most suitable place to store treats is in the basement. At home, it is recommended to put a jar with a preparation for the winter in the refrigerator. The optimum humidity in the room where the container with the dessert is placed is 75%.
The health benefits of dogwood are undeniable. Dishes prepared on its basis help to increase the strength of blood vessels, normalize metabolic processes, and eliminate toxins from the body.