Apricot is one of the fruits that have a good aroma, taste, and also provide great benefits to the body. Many housewives make various canned dishes from this fruit: compotes, preserves, jams. Apricot jelly is also popular; the recipe for its preparation for the winter is quite simple. We will talk about its features.
Basic principles of making apricot jelly
To make a dessert, ripe, bright apricots with juicy flesh are chosen. They will boil well.
You can cook the dessert naturally or add certain gelling components. Also, granulated sugar of different volumes is poured into the fruits.
Of the gelling agents used:
- agar agar;
Dessert can be combined, including various berries and fruits.
Fruit preparation rules
The preparatory stage involves the selection of high-quality fruits, which are washed out, and seeds are removed from them.
It is often necessary to remove the skin so that it is not felt in the dessert. But if you use a blender, then this process can be omitted, it will interrupt everything.
How to prepare containers for the start of the process?
The container is washed out under running water using a soda solution and undergoes a sterilization process. This could be a boiling kettle or an oven. Jelly is laid out in a dry container. The lids are sterilized immediately before the dessert is sealed.
How to make apricot jelly at home?
There are several options for making a sweet, jelly-like dessert.
A simple recipe
To make a treat, you need to prepare:
- apricots - 1 kg;
- water - 250 ml;
- granulated sugar - 500 gr. per liter of the resulting puree.
To begin with, the fruit is washed well, the seeds are removed. Prepared apricots are sent to a container and filled with water. Cook for 10 minutes after the water has boiled. Subsequently, the fruit will become soft.
Next, the fruits are transferred to a colander so that they drain well. Then they need to be rubbed into a homogeneous mass.
If there is a skin after grinding, then it must be removed. For grinding, you can use a blender, meat grinder.
The volume of the grated fruit after being mashed should be at least a liter. The mixture is transferred to a bowl, granulated sugar is added, and everything is cooked on slow gas until it is halved.
If the apricot is sweet, then you can put less sugar.
Readiness is determined with a saucer. Jelly is dripping on it - if the drop does not spread, then the jam can be removed from the stove and distributed in sterilized jars.
If the volume of the dessert is large and you plan to store it for a long time, especially outside the refrigerator, then it is better to sterilize the delicacy.
The dish contains the following components:
- 1 kg of apricots;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 40 gr. gelatin.
Initially, mix the gelatin and granulated sugar. Fruits are crushed with a blender or divided in half, covered with sugar mass.
The ingredients are mixed and set aside for 8 hours, then they must be mixed again and allowed to boil. The mass is boiled for about 4 minutes.
The boiling apricot dessert is distributed in a container and rolled up.
List of products for the treat:
- dried apricots - 250 gr.;
- water - 750 ml, excluding water for agar-agar;
- sugar - 125 gr.;
- lemon - ½;
- agar agar - medium piece.
How to cook:
- Agar-agar is divided into pieces and soaked for 25 minutes.
- Dried apricots are washed, laid out in cooking utensils, apricots are added. It is necessary to cook for about 20 minutes, the time is determined based on the softening of dried apricots.
- Lemon is squeezed out.
- Dried apricots, together with the liquid, are wiped through a sieve.
- In the finished puree, you need to send granulated sugar, lemon juice, agar-agar and put on gas. There should be 500 ml of water. If not enough, then boiled water is added.
- The mass is warmed up until all solid components are dissolved, but not boiled.
- The jelly is poured into molds and removed in the cold.
Dessert Required Products:
- 3 tsp gelatin;
- 250 ml of water;
- ½ cup apricot jam.
- Pour gelatin with water. It should be boiled at room temperature. For half an hour, gelatin is set aside to swell.
- A saucepan with gelatin is sent to low heat, the mixture is stirred. When the mass becomes homogeneous, you need to remove it from the heat.
- Add jam to taste. It is better when the apricot is larger than the syrup. Everything mixes well.
- The jelly is poured and placed in the refrigerator.
The dessert includes the following products:
- apricots - 700 gr.;
- orange - 2 pcs.;
- granulated sugar - 500 mg;
- gelatin - 20 gr.;
- water - 125 ml.
How to cook:
- Apricots are washed and peeled by immersing them in boiling water for a few minutes. Bones are removed.
- Citrus is washed, peeled, juice is squeezed out.
- The apricots are chopped with a blender, orange juice is added.
- Granulated sugar is poured into the mixture. The mass is sent to the fire until it boils, stirred. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In advance, gelatin is soaked in water. After 30 minutes, it is heated in a water bath so that it dissolves, but without boiling.
- Combine gelatin with slightly cooled puree.
- Distribute the jelly into forms, put in the refrigerator.
With peaches and ginger in champagne
List of components:
- apricots - 5 pcs.;
- pineapple - 1 pc.;
- peaches - 4 pcs.;
- champagne - 1 bottle;
- ginger - 25 gr.;
- red hot pepper - 1 pc.;
- sugar - 7 tbsp. l .;
- gelatin - 25 gr.
- Take slightly unripe fruit, wash and cut into cubes.
- Soak gelatin in boiling water.
- Peel and chop the pepper and ginger into small cubes.
- Champagne (1 tbsp. L.) Pour into a bowl, add granulated sugar, ginger, pepper to it. The mixture is brought to a boil, cooked for 4 minutes.
- Pour the syrup into the fruit, add the swollen gelatin.
- Add 500 ml of champagne, stir well.
- Pour the dessert into molds, send to the refrigerator.
How much and how to store such jelly?
In order for the shelf life of the workpiece to be long, you should adhere to the recipe and do not make jelly using metal dishes. This can lead to a change in color, taste.
You can store the pasteurized dessert for a year. If the dessert is unpasteurized and poured into containers made of thermoplastic material, then the period is 6 months.
Homemade dessert can be stored for up to 4 days in a cool place. Fruit jelly - up to 12 hours, if the temperature in the refrigerator is 4-8 degrees. You can keep the jelly in the freezer for 2 months.